The Thermax® Advantage
A new superstar in the Thermax® lineup, N990CG is the world's first purposefully made low PAH medium thermal carbon black
* As per EU 10/2011
** As per EU 1272/2013
*** As per AfPS GS 2019:01 PAK
Toluene Extract, max.
Typical sum of 8 PAHs included in EU list**
Typical sum of 15 PAHs included in GS Mark list***
POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS (PAH)
PAH compounds are formed from fused aromatic rings. These compounds are known carcinogens and are created whenever an organic material is partially combusted. The compound most referred to is benzo(a)pyrene (B(a)P) as it is easily identified and acts as a marker for other PAH compounds that might be present.
WHY THE NEED FOR LOW PAH IN CARBON BLACKS?
Specific regulations, guidelines, and recommendations are in place and/or in progress in many jurisdictions, including the EU and China, that restrict PAH content in some parts used in consumer articles.
OUR N990CG MEDIUM THERMAL CARBON BLACK
Targeted at consumer goods, Cancarb’s new N990CG thermal carbon black is the first purposefully produced low PAH thermal carbon black on the market. The new N990CG thermal carbon black allows you to minimize PAH content in your application in order to meet the most stringent final product regulatory requirements including EU-8** and GS-15***.
- Consumer goods covered under EU 1272/2013 such as:
a. Sports equipment
b. Household utensils
c. Tools for domestic use
d. Clothing, footwear, gloves, and sportswear
e. Toys and childcare items
- Materials intended to be placed in the mouth or materials coming into long-term or short-term skin contact during the intended or foreseeable use as per AfPS GS 2019:01 PAK
- Rubber products that come into contact with food in the EU and China such as:
a. Gaskets, O-rings, seals
b. Belts, hoses
d. Wrapping and packaging material
- Plastic materials that come into contact with food as per EU 10/2011
- Materials that come into contact with drinking water in the EU