Cancarb is a leader in the development, manufacture, and global marketing of medium thermal carbon black. With a capacity of 54,000 metric tonnes per year, our plant in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada is the world’s largest of its kind. Consistent with our commitment to environmental responsibility, our plant is combined with a waste heat power generating facility. The company’s Thermax® brand products are supported by local distributors in 44 countries.
We are looking for talented people who have energy for change, can build relationships, and deliver sustainable results.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Quality Services, this role will closely monitor and report on specifications of in-process and packaged production through daily testing and analysis. This candidate will also exhibit strong initiative to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and industrial processes, investigate quality issues, conduct and report gas chromatography sample analysis, support R&D activities, as well as engage in health, safety, and environmental initiatives.
- Degree in Science, Engineering or alternatively diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technology or similar discipline.
- 5 years’ experience actively and inquisitively applying science knowledge in an industrial environment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada as a citizen; or in possession of valid permanent residence status.
- Training in Lean Management, Six Sigma or similar.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Minitab, FileMaker Pro, Dynamics AX, would be considered an asset.
This position requires candidates to:
- Perform analyses of carbon black in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform gas analyses by chromatography to support process control.
- Compile and analyze statistical quality control (SQC) data.
- Prepare weekly quality report for management and plant site personnel.
- Prepare, collect, and analyze samples to support HS&E programs such as dust monitoring, particulate emissions, and storm water management.
- Investigate and resolve quality incidents such as customer complaints and production problems; prepare investigation reports for distribution.
- Maintain and calibrate inspection and test equipment.
- Initiate and apply new testing procedures.
- Assist with RD Projects as required.
- Assist with monthly lab audit.
- Participate in JHSEC meetings as required.
- Prepare samples to be sent to customers and outside laboratories.
- Assist with shutdown activities as required.
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Work weekends on rotational basis; provide overtime work when required.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
How To Apply
Cancarb Limited only employs those who have the legal entitlement to work in Canada. Please fill out consent form below to see how to apply.